header("Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"); ?>
Two Convenient Locations:
San Diego Office: (619) 283-7113
Julian Office: (760) 765-0343
Click links to access individual blogs
• Save Your Business Time and Money by Getting OrganizedPage: 1 2 3 4 5 6
• Tips to Get Your Finances in Tip-Top Shape
• Keys to Keeping Great Business Records
• Shrink Your Tax Bill in 2023
• 6 Ways to Cut Your Everyday Expenses
• 'Tis the Season for Gift Card Fraud
• Maximize Your College Financial Aid With These FAFSA Tips
• Planning for Future Care: A Financial Dilemma
• Student Loan Forgiveness Q&A
• Taming Monthly Bill Creep
• Tips to Improve Your Credit Score
• Debit Card Smarts
• The IRS Announces Tax Scams
• Watch for These Tax Surprises
• Six Simple Ideas to Help Your Small Business
• Money Management Tips for Couples
• Summer Jobs and Taxes
• Making Your Home Office a Tax Deduction
• The Benefits of Being a Sole Proprietor
• Debt: Gone But Not Forgotten by the IRS
• Review Financial Decisions When Interest Rates Change
• Cryptocurrency: The IRS is Watching You!
• Protecting Your Digital Footprint
• Small Business Tax Return To-Do-List
• Ideas to Improve Your Financial Health in 2022
• Five Great Money Tips
• Fake Products (and Money!) Are Big Business
• Year-End Tax Planning Ideas For Your Business
• Time to Schedule Your Tax Planning Session
• IRS Backlog of Historical ProportionsPage: 1 2 3 4 5 6
• Protect Your Valuables BEFORE Thieves Arrive
• Make the Most of Your Vehicle Expense Deduction
• Help! I Just Got a Letter From the IRS
• Manage Your Business's Unemployment Taxes
• Common Tax Mistakes When Selling a Home
• The Hidden Tax Consequences of Cryptocurrency
• Building a Fortress Balance Sheet
• Taxes: These Basics are for Everyone
• Starting a Business Now Could Make a Lot of Sense
• What's New in 2021
• Organized Business Records Save Time and Money
• Your Identity is NOT Your Own!
• Seven Tips For Financial Wellness In 2021
• PPP Loan Expenses Are Now Tax Deductible
• Deductibility of Business Meals Provided by Restaurants in 2021 and 2022
• Ideas For Better Savings Rates
• Retirement Savings Tips for Small Business Owners
• Steer Clear of Money-Making Scams While You're Stuck at Home
• How to Build Your Emergency Fund - When You Have No Money
• Great Tips to Improve Your Credit Score
• What does the executive action deferring payroll taxes mean for employers and employees?
• Should You Incorporate Your Business?
• How to Eliminate a Tax Surprise
• New law provides relief for eligible taxpayers who need funds from IRAs and other retirement plansPage: 1 2 3 4 5 6
• How Stay-at-Home Orders Change Money Habits
• IRS guidance provides RMD rollover relief
• Financial Questions to Ask Mom and Dad
• The New Face of Banking
• PPP borrowers get concessions, additional guidance on forgiveness
• The IRS clarifies the deductibility of PPP-funded expenses
• SBA extends the PPP repayment deadline for self-certification
• Beware of Scams Tied to COVID-19 Economic Impact Payments
• Answers to Common COVID-19 Unemployment Questions
• CARES Act provides COVID-19 pandemic relief to businesses
• The IRS announces new COVID-19-related assistance for taxpayers
• 3 Major Charity Scam Red Flags
• 2020 Social Security Benefits
• Avoid These Common Tax Mistakes
• What Employers Need to Know About Assembly Bill 5
• Bill Collector Calling? Know Your Rights
• Tips to Protect Yourself From Tax Scams
• The IRS Is Not Always Right
• Select the Right Health Insurance for Your Business
• The IRS Loves Your Business...and That is NOT Good
• Help Older Adults Stand Up Against Scams
• Amazon and eBay Sales Tax ALERT!
• No Excuses. Time to Lower Your Tax Bill.
• How To Protect Your Social Security Number
• You Know You Need Tax Planning If...
• What You Need To Know About IRS AuditsPage: 1 2 3 4 5 6
• How to Correct Common Financial Mistakes
• Don't Leave Your Business Exposed
• Watch Out! 7 Vacation Costs That Sneak Up on You
• Major Life Changes Ahead? Read This!
• 7 Tax-Free Ideas to Bolster Your Business Benefits Package
• Stay prepared to sell your business
• Great uses for your tax refund
• How to File Nonprofit Taxes
• How to File Nonprofit Taxes
• 7 Common Missing Tax Return Items
• Is a Tax Surprise Waiting for You?
• School yourself on the student loan interest deduction
• The 6 Biggest Threats to Your Finances
• Last-Second Money-Saving Tax Moves
• Retirement Contributions Get a Boost in 2019
• 5 Estate Planning Myths
• Disaster Preparedness Tips for Taxpayers and Businesses
• Five Tax Breaks for New Parents
• Setting up Your Business Accounting System
• Ideas to Improve Your Financial Health
• It's tax-planning time
• Managing Money Tips for Couples
• 6 tax benefits of owning a home
• Five Great Finance Tips Everyone Should Know
• How to handle a gap in health care coverage
• Update on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
• When an extension makes sense
• Tax checklist for business startupsPage: 1 2 3 4 5 6
• Answers to commonly asked tax questions
• New FASB Standards for Nonprofit Accounting
• The best way to avoid an audit: Preparation
• Boost your retirement savings now
• IRS Urges Travelers Requiring Passports to Pay Their Back Taxes
• Scam Alert: IRS Urges Taxpayers to Watch Out for Erroneous Refunds; Beware of Fake Calls to Return Money to a Collection Agency
• How to Get a Green Light for Commuting Expense Deductions
• Federal requirements for substantiating charitable contributions
• How to cut taxes under the new tax act
• FBI Warns of Online Dating Scams
• IRS issues 2018 standard mileage rates
• Year-end tax checklist
• The Equifax breach and you: be proactive
• Beware of Bogus Charities
• Planning A Wedding Over The Holidays?
Plan For Taxes Too
• Don't Include The IRS On Your Gift List
• Ready To Start Year-End Planning?
Focus On The Big Picture.
• Know When To Sell
• Put Your Tax and Financial House
• Are You Prepared For These Common
• Scams Against the Elderly:
Know the Danger Signs
• Tax Benefits of Corporate Retirement
• Maneuvering the CorporatePage: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Retirement Plan Maze
• Documenting your Business Travel and
• Maximizing your Travel and
• Deducting Business Meals and
• Do Yourself a Favor by Filing
• Do I Need A CPA?
• How to Save Money on Your Tax
• What To Do If You Can't Pay
• What To Do If You Haven't Filed
Do I Need a CPA?
Its tax time again and the deadline for filing tax returns is right around the corner. By now, youve received most of your tax documents. If these documents have raised some questions or youre confused about how to proceed with filing your tax returns, it may be time to consult a Luers & Dyer.
If you havent jumped right in and completed your tax returns, it may be because you had some unusual transactions during the year. Changes in income, investment losses, or deduction changes can make filing a return on your own challenging. If youre not sure how to accurately file these transactions Luers & Dyer can help you quickly and easily find the answers that give you the greatest deductions while following current tax codes.
Most businesses and individuals need financial advice at one time or another. Circumstances change and create new challenges birth, death, children growing up, aging parents, new jobs, retirement, marriage and divorce are all significant changes that can have tax consequences. These are good topics to discuss with us.
Changing times lead to new circumstances. Sometimes the answers as they relate to your tax return filing arent so obvious. What if scenarios can keep you up at night. No one can be expected to navigate complicated financial situations on their own. If this sounds reassuring, you need Luers & Dyer.
Purchase and sale of real estate always raises tax questions. We can easily identify all possible expenses and deductions from these transactions. Sales of real estate or stock create capital gains and losses which have different tax treatment than income you earn by working or income you receive from rental properties. We can help you sort these issues out too.
Consulting Luers & Dyer can make filing your taxes cost effective and headache free. Bring a list of questions to your appointment so you get the answers you need. And make your appointment early. Youll be glad you did.
Luers & Dyer, CPAs, LLP is a full service accounting firm with offices in Julian and San Diego. For more information about our company call (760) 765-0343.
Julian Office: (By Appointment Only) 4367 Hwy 78, Santa Ysabel CA 92070
San Diego Office: (By Appointment Only) 2231 Camino del Rio South, San Diego CA 92108
Correspondence: P.O. Box 1934, Julian, CA 92036 E-mail: rebecca(at)luersdyercpa.com jan(at)luersdyercpa.com
(760) 765-0343 (760) 765-0150 Fax
© Luers & Dyer, CPA, LLP. All Rights Reserved.