Two Convenient Locations:
San Diego Office: (619) 283-7113
Julian Office: (760) 765-0343
Click links to access individual blogs
• Don't Leave Your Business ExposedPage: 1 2 3
• Watch Out! 7 Vacation Costs That Sneak Up on You
• Major Life Changes Ahead? Read This!
• 7 Tax-Free Ideas to Bolster Your Business Benefits Package
• Stay prepared to sell your business
• Great uses for your tax refund
• How to File Nonprofit Taxes
• 7 Common Missing Tax Return Items
• Is a Tax Surprise Waiting for You?
• School yourself on the student loan interest deduction
• The 6 Biggest Threats to Your Finances
• Last-Second Money-Saving Tax Moves
• Retirement Contributions Get a Boost in 2019
• 5 Estate Planning Myths
• Disaster Preparedness Tips for Taxpayers and Businesses
• Five Tax Breaks for New Parents
• Setting up Your Business Accounting System
• Ideas to Improve Your Financial Health
• It's tax-planning time
• Managing Money Tips for Couples
• 6 tax benefits of owning a home
• Five Great Finance Tips Everyone Should Know
• How to handle a gap in health care coverage
• Update on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
• When an extension makes sense
• Tax checklist for business startups
• Answers to commonly asked tax questionsPage: 1 2 3
• New FASB Standards for Nonprofit Accounting
• The best way to avoid an audit: Preparation
• Boost your retirement savings now
• IRS Urges Travelers Requiring Passports to Pay Their Back Taxes
• Scam Alert: IRS Urges Taxpayers to Watch Out for Erroneous Refunds; Beware of Fake Calls to Return Money to a Collection Agency
• How to Get a Green Light for Commuting Expense Deductions
• Federal requirements for substantiating charitable contributions
• How to cut taxes under the new tax act
• FBI Warns of Online Dating Scams
• IRS issues 2018 standard mileage rates
• Year-end tax checklist
• The Equifax breach and you: be proactive
• Beware of Bogus Charities
• Planning A Wedding Over The Holidays?
Plan For Taxes Too
• Don't Include The IRS On Your Gift List
• Ready To Start Year-End Planning?
Focus On The Big Picture.
• Know When To Sell
• Put Your Tax and Financial House
• Are You Prepared For These Common
• Scams Against the Elderly:
Know the Danger Signs
• Tax Benefits of Corporate RetirementPage: 1 2 3
• Maneuvering the Corporate
Retirement Plan Maze
• Documenting your Business Travel and
• Maximizing your Travel and
• Deducting Business Meals and
• Do Yourself a Favor by Filing
• Do I Need A CPA?
• How to Save Money on Your Tax
• What To Do If You Can't Pay
• What To Do If You Haven't Filed
Do I Need a CPA?
Its tax time again and the deadline for filing tax returns is right around the corner. By now, youve received most of your tax documents. If these documents have raised some questions or youre confused about how to proceed with filing your tax returns, it may be time to consult a Luers & Dyer.
If you havent jumped right in and completed your tax returns, it may be because you had some unusual transactions during the year. Changes in income, investment losses, or deduction changes can make filing a return on your own challenging. If youre not sure how to accurately file these transactions Luers & Dyer can help you quickly and easily find the answers that give you the greatest deductions while following current tax codes.
Most businesses and individuals need financial advice at one time or another. Circumstances change and create new challenges birth, death, children growing up, aging parents, new jobs, retirement, marriage and divorce are all significant changes that can have tax consequences. These are good topics to discuss with us.
Changing times lead to new circumstances. Sometimes the answers as they relate to your tax return filing arent so obvious. What if scenarios can keep you up at night. No one can be expected to navigate complicated financial situations on their own. If this sounds reassuring, you need Luers & Dyer.
Purchase and sale of real estate always raises tax questions. We can easily identify all possible expenses and deductions from these transactions. Sales of real estate or stock create capital gains and losses which have different tax treatment than income you earn by working or income you receive from rental properties. We can help you sort these issues out too.
Consulting Luers & Dyer can make filing your taxes cost effective and headache free. Bring a list of questions to your appointment so you get the answers you need. And make your appointment early. Youll be glad you did.
Luers & Dyer, CPAs, LLP is a full service accounting firm with offices in Julian and San Diego. For more information about our company call (760) 765-0343.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1934, Julian, CA 92036
Julian Office: 2902 Washington Street, Julian, CA 92036 (760) 765-0343 (760) 765-0150 Fax
San Diego Office: (By Appointment Only) 3751 37th St., #2, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 283-7113
Correspondence: P.O. Box 1934, Julian, CA 92036 E-mail: rebecca(at)luersdyercpa.com jan(at)luersdyercpa.com
© Luers & Dyer, CPA, LLP. All Rights Reserved.