• PPP Loan Expenses Are Now Tax Deductible
• Deductibility of Business Meals Provided by Restaurants in 2021 and 2022
• Ideas For Better Savings Rates
• Retirement Savings Tips for Small Business Owners
• Steer Clear of Money-Making Scams While You're Stuck at Home
• How to Build Your Emergency Fund - When You Have No Money
• Great Tips to Improve Your Credit Score
• What does the executive action deferring payroll taxes mean for employers and employees?
• Should You Incorporate Your Business?
• How to Eliminate a Tax Surprise
• New law provides relief for eligible taxpayers who need funds from IRAs and other retirement plans
• How Stay-at-Home Orders Change Money Habits
• IRS guidance provides RMD rollover relief
• Financial Questions to Ask Mom and Dad
• The New Face of Banking
• PPP borrowers get concessions, additional guidance on forgiveness
• The IRS clarifies the deductibility of PPP-funded expenses
• SBA extends the PPP repayment deadline for self-certification
• Beware of Scams Tied to COVID-19 Economic Impact Payments
• Answers to Common COVID-19 Unemployment Questions
• CARES Act provides COVID-19 pandemic relief to businesses
• The IRS announces new COVID-19-related assistance for taxpayers
• 2020 Social Security Benefits
• Avoid These Common Tax Mistakes
• What Employers Need to Know About Assembly Bill 5
• Bill Collector Calling? Know Your Rights
• Tips to Protect Yourself From Tax Scams
• The IRS Is Not Always Right
• Select the Right Health Insurance for Your Business
• The IRS Loves Your Business...and That is NOT Good
• Help Older Adults Stand Up Against Scams
• Amazon and eBay Sales Tax ALERT!
• No Excuses. Time to Lower Your Tax Bill.
• How To Protect Your Social Security Number
• You Know You Need Tax Planning If...
• What You Need To Know About IRS Audits
• How to Correct Common Financial Mistakes
• Don't Leave Your Business Exposed
• Watch Out! 7 Vacation Costs That Sneak Up on You
• Major Life Changes Ahead? Read This!
• 7 Tax-Free Ideas to Bolster Your Business Benefits Package
• Stay prepared to sell your business
• Great uses for your tax refund
• How to File Nonprofit Taxes
• 7 Common Missing Tax Return Items
• Is a Tax Surprise Waiting for You?
• School yourself on the student loan interest deduction
• The 6 Biggest Threats to Your Finances
• Retirement Contributions Get a Boost in 2019
• 5 Estate Planning Myths
• Disaster Preparedness Tips for Taxpayers and Businesses
• Five Tax Breaks for New Parents
• Setting up Your Business Accounting System
• Ideas to Improve Your Financial Health
• It's tax-planning time
• Managing Money Tips for Couples
• 6 tax benefits of owning a home
• Five Great Finance Tips Everyone Should Know
• How to handle a gap in health care coverage
• Update on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
• When an extension makes sense
• Tax checklist for business startups
• Answers to commonly asked tax questions
• New FASB Standards for Nonprofit Accounting
• The best way to avoid an audit: Preparation
• Boost your retirement savings now
• IRS Urges Travelers Requiring Passports to Pay Their Back Taxes
• Scam Alert: IRS Urges Taxpayers to Watch Out for Erroneous Refunds; Beware of Fake Calls to Return Money to a Collection Agency
• How to Get a Green Light for Commuting Expense Deductions
• Federal requirements for substantiating charitable contributions
• How to cut taxes under the new tax act
• IRS issues 2018 standard mileage rates
• Year-end tax checklist
• The Equifax breach and you: be proactive
• Beware of Bogus Charities
• Planning A Wedding Over The Holidays?
Plan For Taxes Too
• Don't Include The IRS On Your Gift List
• Ready To Start Year-End Planning?
Focus On The Big Picture.
• Know When To Sell
• Put Your Tax and Financial House
• Are You Prepared For These Common
• Scams Against the Elderly:
Know the Danger Signs
• Tax Benefits of Corporate Retirement
• Maneuvering the Corporate
Retirement Plan Maze
• Documenting your Business Travel and
• Maximizing your Travel and
• Deducting Business Meals and
• Do Yourself a Favor by Filing
• Do I Need A CPA?
• How to Save Money on Your Tax
• What To Do If You Can't Pay
• What To Do If You Haven't Filed
It suddenly just got a whole lot more difficult to buy a home
The banking sector is the latest industry to dramatically change how it operates in response to the current economic environment. The most visible change for consumers are new requirements for taking out a mortgage.
Here are some tips for working with banks and other lending institutions in the midst of tighter lending requirements and a heightened awareness of staying healthy.
Save more for a mortgage downpayment. New requirements for taking out a mortgage are requiring borrowers to put down at least 20% and have a credit score of 700 or better. Unfortunately, the average credit score of U.S. citizens under the age of 50 is below 700. The short-term reality is that you may need to save for a bigger downpayment and actively manage your credit before getting your dream home.
Take advantage of your bank's mobile app. Social distancing is changing the way we interact in public and banking is no exception. Traditional bank tellers, drive through options, and in some cases entire branches, are being replaced with digital banking options and mobile deposits. This trend will surely accelerate in the aftermath of COVID-19. For the branches that remain open, visiting will likely be more restrictive. Smaller capacity banking spaces and appointments might be required to help banks control the flow of traffic.
Use digital payments for your purchases. While cash might still be king in the U.S. economy, consider using "germ-free" digital payments as retailers are steering customers toward electronic transactions. With businesses needing to adapt to new spending habits, innovation is going to steer towards digital payment technologies and make paying with cash more difficult in the future.
Look for lending deals. During these uncertain times, banks will be putting more effort into connecting with their customers. Bank leaders are making it a priority to personalize the banking experience with proactive marketing campaigns. Be on the lookout for special deals offered by lending institutions to help keep you as a customer.