Two Convenient Locations:
San Diego Office: (619) 283-7113
Julian Office: (760) 765-0343
Click links to access individual blogs
• What Employers Need to Know About Assembly Bill 5Page: 1 2 3
• Bill Collector Calling? Know Your Rights
• Tips to Protect Yourself From Tax Scams
• The IRS Is Not Always Right
• Select the Right Health Insurance for Your Business
• The IRS Loves Your Business...and That is NOT Good
• Help Older Adults Stand Up Against Scams
• Amazon and eBay Sales Tax ALERT!
• No Excuses. Time to Lower Your Tax Bill.
• How To Protect Your Social Security Number
• You Know You Need Tax Planning If...
• What You Need To Know About IRS Audits
• How to Correct Common Financial Mistakes
• Don't Leave Your Business Exposed
• Watch Out! 7 Vacation Costs That Sneak Up on You
• Major Life Changes Ahead? Read This!
• 7 Tax-Free Ideas to Bolster Your Business Benefits Package
• Stay prepared to sell your business
• Great uses for your tax refund
• How to File Nonprofit Taxes
• 7 Common Missing Tax Return Items
• Is a Tax Surprise Waiting for You?
• School yourself on the student loan interest deduction
• The 6 Biggest Threats to Your Finances
• Last-Second Money-Saving Tax Moves
• Retirement Contributions Get a Boost in 2019
• 5 Estate Planning Myths
• Disaster Preparedness Tips for Taxpayers and BusinessesPage: 1 2 3
• Five Tax Breaks for New Parents
• Setting up Your Business Accounting System
• Ideas to Improve Your Financial Health
• It's tax-planning time
• Managing Money Tips for Couples
• 6 tax benefits of owning a home
• Five Great Finance Tips Everyone Should Know
• How to handle a gap in health care coverage
• Update on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
• When an extension makes sense
• Tax checklist for business startups
• Answers to commonly asked tax questions
• New FASB Standards for Nonprofit Accounting
• The best way to avoid an audit: Preparation
• Boost your retirement savings now
• IRS Urges Travelers Requiring Passports to Pay Their Back Taxes
• Scam Alert: IRS Urges Taxpayers to Watch Out for Erroneous Refunds; Beware of Fake Calls to Return Money to a Collection Agency
• How to Get a Green Light for Commuting Expense Deductions
• Federal requirements for substantiating charitable contributions
• How to cut taxes under the new tax act
• FBI Warns of Online Dating ScamsPage: 1 2 3
• IRS issues 2018 standard mileage rates
• Year-end tax checklist
• The Equifax breach and you: be proactive
• Beware of Bogus Charities
• Planning A Wedding Over The Holidays?
Plan For Taxes Too
• Don't Include The IRS On Your Gift List
• Ready To Start Year-End Planning?
Focus On The Big Picture.
• Know When To Sell
• Put Your Tax and Financial House
• Are You Prepared For These Common
• Scams Against the Elderly:
Know the Danger Signs
• Tax Benefits of Corporate Retirement
• Maneuvering the Corporate
Retirement Plan Maze
• Documenting your Business Travel and
• Maximizing your Travel and
• Deducting Business Meals and
• Do Yourself a Favor by Filing
• Do I Need A CPA?
• How to Save Money on Your Tax
• What To Do If You Can't Pay
• What To Do If You Haven't Filed
How to Save Money on Your Tax
Most of us are looking for ways to save money these days. And now its tax time again. Maximizing tax deductions, minimizing tax liability and saving money on tax preparation costs are all a priority. With a few tips from Luers & Dyer, CPAs, a little organization and early preparation, we can help you save money, get more money back on tax returns and make the process of filing taxes a lot less painless.
No one enjoys paying taxes. Almost every client has a unique approach and attitude toward filing tax returns and paying taxes.
Complexities and changes in tax laws make it difficult for many people to prepare their own tax returns. Turning to a professional tax preparer will help you navigate the maze of rules and forms and enable you to take advantage of all available tax benefits.
2008/09 were financially volatile years and it is common to have experienced changes in your financial status. Changes to stock portfolios, job changes, death, divorce, real estate transactions and business changes all create situations that Luers & Dyer can help you sort through. Dont hesitate to get professional help. There are ways to save money on your tax preparation costs.
A tax organizer such as the one located at luerscpa.com can help you organize tax information and identify potential tax deductions and benefits before you see your us. Put your year end tax documents together in one place as they come in the mail. Request realized gain or loss reports for stock transactions. These details must be reported in your tax returns.
Make a list of questions to ask your CPA. This will help you get the most benefit from professional services. Schedule your appointment early to get the quickest turn-around time and personal attention. Most tax professionals process returns in the order they are received. An early appointment puts you at the front of the line.
Tax time is a great time to get financial advice. Follow these tax preparation cost saving tips and you may also be able to save money on your tax preparation fees.
Luers & Dyer, CPAs, LLP is a full service accounting firm with offices in Julian and San Diego. For more information about our company call (760) 765-0343.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1934, Julian, CA 92036
Julian Office: 2902 Washington Street, Julian, CA 92036 (760) 765-0343 (760) 765-0150 Fax
San Diego Office: (By Appointment Only) 3751 37th St., #2, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 283-7113
Correspondence: P.O. Box 1934, Julian, CA 92036 E-mail: rebecca(at)luersdyercpa.com jan(at)luersdyercpa.com
© Luers & Dyer, CPA, LLP. All Rights Reserved.